The three-story Carriage House is a contemporary renovation adjacent to Q Development’s first project, The Willock House. The Carriage House is now a single-family residence with its own address on Rope Way, though it remains connected to The Willock House via a shared courtyard.
Following construction of The Willock House by seven years, when built in 1898 The Carriage House served as an accessory structure for William and Alice Willock which provided shelter for their horses, carriages, and served as the residence to some of their in-home staff.
Q Development consolidated two previous apartments in The Carriage House to a single, multi-level, contemporary apartment. To facilitate modern dimensions, it was necessary to widen the primary garage door, relocate the interior stairs and an exterior side door. All rehabilitation was completed in keeping with the Secretary of Interior’s Standards, as the project utilized Federal Historic Tax Credits.www.willockhouse.com